Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Rebel with a cause

Well, today is officially a bad day. I am snowed under with marking. Reams and reams of it on account of the Year 10 mocks. Guess the reading of my manuscript which is COMPLETE, yes I did say COMPLETE, in case you missed that, will have to wait. All 30,000 words of it. Grrr.

Instead I am writing this blog. Figures.

While I'm here, I have two interesting things to say:

1- Blog does not mean boring lonely ordinary geezer as someone suggested to me. It is an abbreviated form of the words web log. Sadly, in geezerish mode, I looked this up and I discovered the definition on Wikipedia, which leads me nicely on to:

2- Wikipedia is a free online encyclopedia which is as fantastic as sliced bread or even better. Its name derives from a Hawaiian word. Apparently the inventor noticed a bus service known as Wiki when he was there, and discovering that it meant fast, he gave the name to his enyclopedia. Aaa it's all making sense now. Wikipedia is the fast encyclopedia!

Yes, you heard it here. Enough of that. Suffice to say, I am exhausted and even though I have millions of essays to mark, I'm calling it a night. Does that make me a rebel?