Thursday, April 27, 2006

Talented teachers

You'll be glad to hear that my hysteria attack was short lived and that I am pleased with myself today. In fact, I am smiling like a cheshire cat. Why? Because:

1- I have started reading through my manuscript. Big cheers all round.
2- I have nearly finished the units I'm doing for the next resource pack for Philip Allan Updates
3- I am currently compiling a recommended book list for my Year 8s which I told them I would do some time ago, and which, I am pleased to say, one girl reminded me about. She wanted one so much she reminded me.
4-My Year 8s think English is cool or so I hear
5-I was treated to a yummy meal last night
6-I have done all my marking

Now, all I need is to complete my reports and we're laughing.

Don't you just love it?

If you were hoping to learn something when you came to this post, other than about me and my life (and as a teacher I feel compelled to teach you something) here's a titbit of sorts:

Did you know these famous individuals were once teachers?
Sting, Dawn French, Jennifer Saunders, J. K. Rowling and Chris Tarrant.

Just goes to show that we teachers are a talented lot!