Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Summer time

Summer is approaching, although you wouldn't have thought it, given the rain we've had lately. What does summer mean to you? Rain? Sun? Rest? All of the aforementioned?

To me it means an opportunity to travel and to write and catch up with family and friends. Yes, those alien species I've not seen in ages because of the fact I am on life's treadmill.

I have a very busy half term planned and have already decided part of my summer. A friend has kindly offered that I visit her in Hong Kong (I'm still debating that one, cost considered) and another is due to return from the US, so I hope to see her. It's lovely knowing people who live elsewhere in the world, but sometimes home is where you want to be.

I'm hoping to stay pretty close to home, but still be adventurous- sort of. I intend to venture into a tent- yes camping. That's why this rain concerns me. I have terrible memories of a very wet last camping effort, but I am assured all will be well. The South of France beckons and I'm looking forward to the adventure.

When I'm not collecting wood for a log fire, I 'm hoping to catch up on my reading. I have a few books which I want to finish over the summer, ones I bought a while ago, started and never got a chance to complete. Books like Empress Orchid which I'm three quarters of the way through, The Five People you Meet in Heaven, The House of Sand and Fog and any others that catch my eye between now and then.

I also want to work on my own writing, so it looks like an action packed summer for me. Just the way I like it!