Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sunny days

Today is a beautifully sunny day, as was yesterday. I spent the entire day yesterday at an Educational fair in London as part of work I do for a small tutoring company.

London was busy with people and traffic so today I'm going to the country. Last bank holiday I went to a beautiful area called Runnymede where the river Thames runs through a National Trust site. It's very picturesque: boats run along the river and there are some grand houses situated at the opposite side on the bank.

Last time I went for a walk towards the JFK memorial that's located nearby and came across some of Brunel university's disused tennis courts up a half forgotten road, and today I'm being taken on a walk in another part of the same area. If you've never been to this place, it's worth going, especially on a sunny day.

I'm still working my way through Body Double which isn't half bad.

On the topic of reading I'm going to provide a link to Emanuel School's English site as it holds reading lists for Year 7- sixth form which really are fantastic.

I based my Year 8 list that I recently gave to my students on this school's Year 8 one. If you're an English teacher or a writer for this age group you will definitely find the reading lists useful. They are grouped according to subject area/ genre and include an outline, so get reading!