Saturday, October 07, 2006

J.K.Rowling, Steve Eddy and Jude Ensaff

Yesterday I met up with Steve Eddy, the fellow writer with whom I will be co-authoring the books for Hodder, in a pub near to where I work, and we decided on who would do what for the three books and more or less how. It was a fruitful and interesting meeting. In conversation with him, I discovered that he had taught at the Wyedean School in Sedbury, Gloucestershire - a fact I had been unaware of until then. Unimportant you may think but let me fill you in on some details. Wyedean School was the very first school I taught in when I qualified, and those ardent Harry Potter fans amongst you will know it is the school that J.K Rowling who wrote the Harry Potter series attended! I was there well after she attended it, but would you believe that Steve taught J.K Rowling English and was her form tutor when she was in Year 7. Now I think that's amazing and forgive my little bit of indulgence but I see it as a sign of things to come! ;-)