Sunday, October 22, 2006

Wet weather work

Well, I'm on half term now! I have a lot of writing to do related to the three books I'm co-writing, but I also hope to catch up with a couple of friends over the break.

Earlier in the week I met with my co-writer, Steve, again, this time with the commissioning editor from Hodder, Ged. We met in Reading to talk through final decisions regarding the format and structure of the books and today I completed a spread and finalised the preliminary plan for the contents of all three books. Tomorrow I'm aiming to get at least two spreads done and finalise the plan. I'm hoping to do at least two spreads a day. I may get more done.... time will tell.

It's been really dark and wet today which certainly helps when you have to stay indoors writing! Mornings and evenings are darkening and days are getting shorter now, so I suppose there's no escaping the fact we are in winter; with that comes its own mood, doesn't it? I'm fascinated by the effect of weather on people. As someone who works in education I'm really aware of how wild kids can get on a windy day, but then some people suffer from SAD don't they? If I had my way I'd likely live in a country that was sunny all year round.

Sunny but not too hot. Fussy, aren't I?