Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Ice Cream, Published Work and Art with a difference

I went to London on Saturday where I met my sister who was down here with a friend. We had a wander, took in the sights and went for a meal at an organic vegan restaurant, where the food was lovely and good value. The highlight for me was finding this-




Yes you read right- Jude's ice cream! I didn't know such a thing existed, so of course I just had to have some. And it was yummy. As the label says it's ice cream with soul. If you're an ice cream fan, try some- here's Jude's ice cream home site!

The art at TATE modern was interesting too, especially the Surrealist section. I was rather taken by a particular piece of work which was placed in a glass frame and had a strange appeal, although I couldn't quite figure out what it represented. Only later did I discover that it was about sexual fulfilment. It all made sense then?!!

To add to all this happy news, yesterday, I got my free copies of the KS3 Year 7 English Resource Pack that I co-authored for Philip Allan Updates.

Now, I can eat ice cream whilst admiring my lovely work and thinking back to that piece of art. Can it get any better?!!!!