Sunday, April 22, 2007

Educational Writing and Contest Writing

Hello one and all. Isn't it a beautifully sunny day? I intend to enjoy it, as best I can!

Yesterday, I went to the Society of Authors' Educational Writers Group 2007 Seminar which was both interesting and enjoyable. I met some new and not so new people and I learnt what the state of play in educational writing is at the moment: we are embracing the 21st Century and all that entails - electronification and globalisation.

Kevin Taylor, Intellectual Property Director at Cambridge University Press, and Kate MacKenzie Stuart, Head of Science Publishing at Hodder Murray, led the seminar and, later, David Orme and Stewart Ross spoke about school visits.

Today, as well as enjoying this sunshine, I am working on my resources for Classroom Resources and I have just entered Jason Evans' Endless Hour Contest. Read some of the entries that are there already and do look out for mine.

Why not enter too?

Most of all, enjoy the sunshine.