Monday, April 09, 2007

Holiday Dreams

It's the Easter holidays and I'm spending a few well earned restful days in Wales, visiting family. I have caught up with my excitable (and now rather larger than I remember) nephews and my sweet (and cheekier than I remember) nieces.

Today I am dedicating myself to my writing. I hope to get at least 1000 words done. Down here in Wales the weather is gorgeously sunny and, having heard from my friend, who is travelling the world for six months, I hear Hong Kong is hot too.

Sarah- my friend- is on her second part of this journey, having started in Singapore and then moved on to Malaysia, only to discover she had dengue fever which resulted in her having to spend FIVE nights in a Malaysian hospital on a drip! Needless to say she was worn out at the end of it and she came back to the UK for a two week stint of TLC before heading back out to Hong Kong.

She writes these wonderfully full and exciting emails about her travels and they're written in such detailed and clear prose that I can really picture the scenes she describes. Despite having been a market researcher for an accounting and consulting firm, she definitely has a future as a travel writer!

I may use some of her work as inspiration for my own one day or, better still, I may travel the world myself. I still have quite a few places I'd like to visit. Canada and America are top of my wish list. Then there's the Caribbean, Japan, China, Mauritious, Tibet, Poland, Russia... the list is endless.

How about you? Any dream destinations?