Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Apprentice and Literature Festivals

Just watched The Apprentice ... Alan Sugar is an interesting character isn't he? But then he has made a mint so I guess he can be. I finished looking over the proofs for the series due out soon and I am now focusing on fiction and sending out a couple more proposals.

I read my four year old niece my latest manuscript, a picture book- not my normal genre but I thought I'd give it a go and a story came to me. She said she liked it although truth be told I think she'd have preferred a princess or two in it. (She loves anything pink and anything with princesses in it!)

Ah well. I may take a break from blogging- concentrate on writing for a bit. Of course, I'll drop in if I have any pressing news! Till, then enjoy the writing, reading and whatever else you're up to.

In case you didn't know, Hay Literature Festival is on at the moment and in late June-July the Southbank Centre is hosting London Literature Festival.

The events I'd have attended at Hay look booked up or start at the crack of dawn, so I shall leave it till next year to attend. London, on the other hand is a definite possibility.