Sunday, July 22, 2007

Writing and reading

I am currently working on some educational writing. My novel View from my Window has ground to a halt mainly because I'm actually finding the subject quite depressing. I think I will focus on a happier project for a while before returning to this sad one.

Yesterday I went to Waterstones and fell for the 'buy three for two' offer. I bought a book I had seen some time ago but did not actually buy- The Yes Man by Danny Wallace and I also bought The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson and the 2007 Orange Prize winner Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. So far I've started the Yes Man and am enjoying it, never having read anything by Danny Wallace before.

I wonder how many of you bought the new Harry Potter book. There seemed to be a good supply of them in the shops.

Oh and I've just done these IQ and business acumen tests. Not sure how reliable they are but they were good fun!

IQ Test Score


Testriffic.com