Sunday, October 07, 2007

MA in Writing for Children

Following requests to post about my MA in Writing For Children, here I am posting about it.

As I am doing the course part time over two years, I attend one weekly session at the Winchester site for three hours. So far I have attended two sessions. My first was an introduction to the course and to my current module Creativity led by Judy Waite.

So far, the sessions have been a mixture of discussion and writing. Last week we discussed Roald Dahl's BFG and did a little bit of linked creative writing. Previous to this, we took part in a writing exercise stimulated by some secret objects.

This week we'll be discussing The Bad Beginning and following up on some creative writing homework. Yes, we get homework! And this week, having had a cough and cold to contend with, getting the homework sorted has been a challenge!

Other students following the course on a full time basis cover another module but as far as my experience of the course so far...so far so good!