Friday, November 23, 2007

Liberation


I am feeling strangely exhilarated. Today something happened that upset me greatly at first but then when I thought about it, I felt released- like a huge burden had been lifted.

I no longer felt committed to a path and I realised something that I think I had forgotten.

And that was liberating.

So was talking to a few close friends and relatives, and getting their advice and feeling supported. It's all very cloak and dagger, I know... but it has to be, I'm afraid. Don't ask me why! It's a secret. Shhh.

What isn't cloak and dagger is the fact that I have to complete almost 100 reports for Wednesday, the end of term publication by the end of tomorrow, I have a writing assignment for Monday and I am attending the SCBWI Writer's Day in Winchester this weekend, which, incidentally, I am REALLY looking forward to. I hope it is as good as people have said.

In the winter darkness, my MA is my light; writing and exploring children's novels provide such a relief from the weight I find myself under at the moment. I can whole heartedly recommend doing an MA.