Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Eye Candy

Well it's been a week since my last post so probably time for an update, methinks.

I am seriously tired; my eye is twitching in a comical fashion because of this. Yes, go on imagine it.

Well, it's either the tiredness or my contacts that are causing this twitching! Aah... contact lenses. I have this really weird fear of being somewhere like a desert island and losing my contacts and glasses and not being able to see - a thing. I hate being dependent on anything! I have actually contemplated getting laser surgery on my eyes because of this ridiculous fear.

In any case, that is not why I am here.

I am here to tell you about American Gangster, the film, which, those readers in the UK will know, is out at cinemas at the moment. I went to see this film a couple of weekends ago with a friend, for no particular reason other than it looked to be the best thing out at the time and well... despite it being not at all my kind of thing, I was completely into the film. It was a thought provoking and fascinating insight into not only one man's life but the very nature of gangsters who could so easily be depicted as cardboard stereotypes.

Even if you hate violence, are not a man or don't like films about gangsters watch American Gangster. It stars the gorgeous and fantastic actor, Denzel Washington, and the equally talented Russel Crowe, not looking his Gladiator (which incidentally had the same director as American Gangster) best, but still strangely alluring. For all you ladies out there, I'd go for the eye candy! That way, anything else you get out of the film will be a bonus.