Saturday, December 29, 2007

Recommended Reading and Seeing!!

It has been a while since I posted but I have just been enjoying the opportunity to relax so much that I haven't had a chance to post on here.

Well, let me fill you in on my writing news. I have a 4000 writing assignment for my MA due in about two weeks and I have been doing a fair bit of reading towards it. So far I have read Monster and The Beast by Walter Dean Myers, a writer recommended to me by an American colleague. And a good thing too. His works are perfect research for my next project.

I have also read Negotiating with the Dead by Margaret Atwood - a non-fiction book on writing which is on the MA secondary reading list and is highly rated on Amazon, but I am sad to say I found it a bit of a yawn. I prefer Atwood's masterly fiction. Stephen King's On Writing for me is a much livelier account of the writing process which I am now dipping into. I am also reading Party Girl by Lynne Ewing and have a couple of other fiction books and a pile of non-fiction books I'll be referring to before I complete my assignment.

Other news; since last posting, I went to see The Golden Compass at the cinema which was an entertaining, engaging and magical film, well worth seeing.

If you get a chance, go see it.

Hope you all are enjoying the festive season and your (no doubt) well earned rest!!