Monday, March 31, 2008

Cooking, cleaning, writing and finding an agent

I said that I would post more often now that I am on 'holiday' and so I shall! I have finished my pages for the CGP book and hopefully I won't have too much to amend. Now, I can concentrate on reading those picture books and other research books and actually writing my MA assignment.

I have a few books on my list still to read: Children's Minds by Margaret Donaldson and The Seven Basic Plots (apparently there are only seven) as well as a whole host of picture books.

Today I cooked a curry and a biriani. It being the holiday I am doing all the things I never get a chance to do like cooking and cleaning! Last week I cooked a chickpea stew and some seasoned chicken for my sister and her family following one of the recipes from the Arvon week. I'm not sure where they get their recipes but they're pretty fab.

I've also been giving more thought to getting an agent. I need to get sending out my manuscripts again. This year's been pretty hectic what with the MA and one thing or another that I've not done as much of the old sending out stuff as I'd wish. Still, now that it's on my mind I'll get to it.
There are a couple of competitions I want to enter as well but more on that another day.