Sunday, March 16, 2008

How the other half live

Okay, loads to catch up on. I've been really busy with one thing or another. I am currently working towards a book for CGP - the educational publishers which I'll tell you about at a later date.

I've also been sorting out the final details of a residential creative writing trip I've organised for sixteen  students at my school. And, I've been reading up on writing picture books and on teaching and learning.

Last week I went to see There will be Blood at the cinema - the film starring Daniel Day Lewis. It was interesting rather than enjoyable, as parts were pretty gruesome. The sound track was really eerie but the landscape and acting were great. Overall it was good but I couldn't watch it again. It creeped me out too much!

On Friday I met a friend in London and we went to dinner and then to a place called Tamarai which was really beautiful inside but seriously expensive. After paying £15 to get into London I then paid £15 to get into the place and drinks were ridiculously expensive. We met a couple others there but I had to leave early to get the train home so was it worth it? Not really!
It's really aimed at the rich and famous and as I'm neither I couldn't really get the full benefit of it. There was a minimum spend policy for sitting at a table and that was £250! Yep. £250.

Seriously. You'd have to be rolling in it to spend that much, surely? How the other half live.

I'm off on my residential next week so won't blog for a bit, although I have been pretty poor about it recently. I promise to update more often over the holidays. Till then have fun!