Saturday, March 01, 2008

My Saturday

Hasn't it been a beautiful day? What a contrast to the stormy winds and wet rain we saw yesterday afternoon! Well, I for one, took advantage of the weather and headed off for a glorious walk at Virginia Water Lake.


In fact today, I walked round the whole lake for the second time- that's about 5 miles- so I was mighty pleased with myself. En route I took some gorgeous photos. This is a waterfall known as the cascade which apparently dates back to the 1700s. Beautiful isn't it?


This totem pole can be seen in the grounds of Virginia Water Lake. There is a history to the pole as it was given as a gift by British Columbia to mark the centenary of its founding. It measures 100 feet and weighs 21 tonnes.


The Virginia Water Ruins are also on site but other than that I know very little about them. They are under reconstruction at the moment.


In addition to my walk, I have been preparing an assembly for Monday on homelessness - a topic which I feel quite strongly about , and been deciding how to go about doing my MA presentation on Michael Rosen's SAD BOOK.