Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Latest MA news

Assignment update time - well after much research and consideration I have, I think, decided on my final plot. Without giving too much away let me just say that those of you who are interested in supernatural/ psychological/ crime thrillers might like my latest creative efforts.

Before I go any further can I just recommend some really good books- Radical Children's Literature by Kimberley Reynolds is fantastic. Robert McKee's Story is really useful and so too is How to Make Money ScriptWriting by Julian Friedmann. Mystery in Children's Literature from Rational to the Supernatural was also useful for me. I've also dipped into Syd Field's Screenwriting and read a number of fiction books like Coraline, Dead Gorgeous, Darkhenge and films like The Fog, The Others, The Haunting, The Village, The Sixth Sense and The Skeleton Key. So, yes, I have been busy. I am just writing up the assignment ready to hand in later this week. It's the finishing touches to the overall structure that I'm currently grappling with- if you're interested!

Once this is in I can relax, although I do have some inspection training to attend on Friday and a meeting for National School Partnerships on Monday... mmm... yes, I will relax, eventually.