Sunday, February 01, 2009

My New Collins Books

I thought I would write today about the series I have been co-writing for Collins, as the books are now advertising on Collins Education website.

The books to which I contributed are the Aiming for Level X Reading series which are dedicated to improving secondary age students' performance in reading with the KS3 Assessment Foci in mind. My particular chapters are centred around Reading Assessment Focus 4 which relates to students' abilities to identify and comment on the structure and organisation of texts.


This series of texts complements another Collins series built around the Assessment Foci for writing. Both are due out in April but I thought I'd give you a sneak preview of what the books look like. I'm pretty pleased with them especially as some of my students helped in the selection process for possible covers.