Thursday, March 01, 2012

Animal antics

Well it's been some time since I last wrote, so I thought it was probably about time that I did. A couple of weeks ago I went into London to watch a play which had rave reviews and was described as quirky and funny. As it turned out, the play wasn't really my cup of tea. In fact out of five stars I'd probably give it one if that. Lots of people were there and it was a sold-out show more or less and quite a few spectators were laughing, but I think I and the two people I went with must have had a different sense of humour to them. I won't name the show but what I will say is that it consists of two men dressed as if they are going to bed. My advice if you are considering going is DON'T!

The evening was not a complete loss as an executive decision was made to leave. It's one of the few times I've actually left a show midway through. A lovely meal followed but the  highlight of the evening came when I spotted this rather unusual sign near a building site.... yes.. look again... Pied Piper springs to mind...






... which led me to consider the sorts of signs there are for strange wildlife in the UK and perhaps in the world. It seems to me that a sign consisting of a bridge with a number of rats on it is highly unusual and I for one have never seen one before. But then I came across this.....





And this... which just goes to show you learn something new every day.